And I'm not.
Not exactly. :)
I saw the idea for 36 in 365 at Operation Skinny Jeans (<--great weight loss blog written by two fun ladies on a mission to shed the fat! Please visit their blog; you'll be glad you did!). You can find Jess's list of 36 in 365 HERE and Alex's list HERE.
After some thought, I've decided to come up with a list for the year. Some of these might become monthly goals again, but for now, I'm going to leave it like this and shoot for getting these things done throughout the year. However, I reserve the right to change my mind. Again. :)
This is just for fun. I will not wallow in sorrow and self pity if I don't stick to this list. If I remember, I will try to update this throughout the year.
I have divided this list into categories, yet not prioritized in any way (ha! I am so diplomatic!).
Here is my list:
36 in 365
1. Get back down to 193 before the end of January to win the Dietbet.com challenges I signed up for
2. Get below 190
3. Get below 180
4. Get below 170
5. Get below 160
6. Weigh 150.2 and be able to say, "I lost 100 lbs."
7. Get below 150
8. Reach goal weight of 145
9. Wear a size medium top
10. Either start going to Curves or cancel the membership (seriously!)
11. Get back to jogging regularly
12. Get more comfortable jogging outdoors
13. Run the entire Color Run in July with my family
14. Workout consistently 3+ times a week
15. Run a 5k distance in 35 minutes or less
16. Actually use the Zumba DVD's I purchased
17. Buy an elliptical machine or exercise bike OR join the gym
18. Read "The Story"
19. Go to church at least 3 times a month
20. "Daily" devotionals on a regular basis (using the word "daily" loosely here; just wanting to do this regularly and consistently throughout the year)
21. Date night with Todd once a month
22. Spend one on one time with each of the kids once a month
23. Go canoeing
24. Go for a long hike
25. Go for more leisurely walks or bike rides after dinner (weather permitting)
Home and Organization
26. Organize the spare room
27. Menu plan regularly
28. Finish redecorating Evan's room
29. Paint and redecorate our bedroom
30. Read 2 books every month (Translation: Don't get on the internet every time you sit down to "read" on the iPad. Read BOOKS more!)
31. Really earn how to use my DSLR
32. Follow through with a Project Life scrapbook for this year
33. Get all of our pictures in order (digital and paper)
34. Create a scrapbook for Maya's graduation
35. Blog at least 4 times a week
36. Start using (and continue using!) the journaling app I purchased
I came across some great printables for goal setting at Simply Healthy Mama. Of course the new year is the perfect time to get started with that! Looks fun if you would like to check them out for yourself!