Saturday, January 12, 2013

A-Z. All about me

Have you seen the A-Z thing going around in blog land? Well, I'm following the crowd (a little late!) and doing a little A-Z about me. I love reading these little bits about my blogging friends. :)

A. Age: 41

B. Bed size: Queen. We would like to have a king sized bed but our cracker jack box of a house just doesn't have the space.

C. Chore you hate: Washing dishes.

D. Dogs: We have two. Our almost 13 yr. old beagle named Sammy who is blind and the sweetest dog in the world, and our 2 yr. old chihuahua named Bruiser who thinks he's a pitbull.

E. Essential start to your day: Coffee! Two ginormous mugs.

F. Favorite color: This is hard. I love color! I love bright, vibrant colors and jewel tones most of all.

G. Gold or silver: My wedding ring is gold but the rest of my jewelry is silver. If I were picking out a new wedding ring/band today I would get silver. But I love my set and all that it stands for, so I have no desire to change it or get new.

H. Height: 5' 5"

I. Instruments you play: Zero. I played the flute for awhile in elementary and middle school but quit some time in middle school. I twirled baton in junior and in high school and joined the drill team. I twirled a RIFLE!

J. Job title: Domestic engineer. :) Ok, I'm a SAHM that works part-time from home running the administrative side of our small business.

K. Kids: 2 - Maya is 17, Evan is 13. ♥ ♥

L. Live: Central Illinois, in my little hometown.

M. Married: July 20, 1991

N. Nickname: Ang

O. Overnight hospital stay: I had a breast reduction when I was 21 and spent 2 nights then. Again when both kids were born. About 3 years ago I had outpatient surgery on my foot and ended up with a staff infection that rewarded me with a 6 night hospital stay. Good times.

P. Pet peeve: So... I have more than one. :) Inconsiderate people is the center of them all! I will say my top three biggest ones are smokers dropping/throwing cigarette butts on the ground, people not putting their shopping carts in the cart corral or back into the store (seriously ... it takes SECONDS to prevent a cart from rolling into someone else's car!) and littering.

Q. Quote: I'm a huge "word" person. I love words and quotes but I don't have one particular quote that I stand by or anything. One that made me laugh out loud when I read it: Why do people say, "Grow some balls!"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! -Betty White

R. Righty or Lefty: Righty

S. Siblings: One sister that is 3 years younger than me.

T. Time you wake up: On a regular week day, about 6am. On the weekends/days off around 7:30am-8am

U. University attended: I attended junior college but didn't finish to even get my associates degree. One of my biggest regrets is not finishing school.

V. Vegetables you dislike: beets, broccoli, cooked cauliflower, and peas (peas are ok if they are in a soup or casserole but by the spoonful, eww.)

W. What makes you run late: Waiting until the last minute to get ready! And my son; who also waits until the last minute to get ready. No idea where he gets that from. (snark intended)

X. X-rays you've had: I've had a lot. Dental, back, ankle, hand

Y. Yummy food: Pizza!! And bread. And cheese. Thick crust pizza with lots of cheese. Bread with cheese to dip it in. Did I mention bread and cheese?

Z. Zoo animal favorite: All the monkeys, apes, gorillas .. all that sort of thing. I am fascinated at how they communicate and interact with each other. I could watch them for hours.

Since I'm blogging about absolutely nothing of importance today,
I thought this image was fitting. Made me LOL. :)
Have a great weekend, all!
You can find me on TwitterInstagramFacebookMy Fitness Pal,and Pinterest or drop me an email.


7 comments:

  1. Great blog Angela :)
    I love the 'J' one--domestic engineer!
    It's sad how many people, don't think that its indeed a full time job!

    I'm going to use this in my blog, one of these days if thats okay with you?
    xo
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love learning more about you! Q cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh i think my pet peeve is inconsiderate people--they would fit right into that not-returning-the-cart thing! have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! New to your blog. Love your ABC's, and I have to agree with the inconsiderate people, Especially cigarette butts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!