Share the Fab Fridays pic on your blog.
Tell everyone all about some of the FAB things you have going on.
Go back to Laura's blog and link up at the bottom so others can see what FABulousness you have going on.
Visit others who have linked up!
That's it! Easy, peasy!
Here are some things that have been FAB in my week:
- We are making major progress in Evan's room. Painting is done. We just need buy a new desk, paint and add the trim work and hang the curtains and pictures on the wall. I hope to have most of that finished this weekend! We are still minus one item I'm having trouble locating; Ev wants a poster to frame or large photo of a "blacked out" (<---whatever that means(?) ) 1969 Dodge Charger. I have found a few posters that I can order online but they aren't "the one". I'm still in search of one, so if you know of a place to get something like that, please let me know.
- Two basketball games so far this week for Maya and two wins! She had 14 points on Monday and 13 points on Thursday. Have I mentioned that I'm kind of proud of her? :) Both games were close wins, but they were wins none-the-less! County tournaments start on Saturday and we think our girls have a pretty good chance of taking home the County tournament win this year! It's been YEARS since our school has won the County tournament so it would be a BIG deal!
- Todd, the kids and I went to a college basketball game this week. Our team didn't win but we had a fun time!
- As long as I continue to do well the rest of the month I am going to win both DietBet challenges that I joined this month! Woohoo!
- I made a commitment to read 2 books a month and I'm almost finished with my first book for January! It's a book that we are reading for the book club at church and I am really enjoying it! The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers. I am usually not a big fan of historical fiction but the way this story ties the present and past together is quite interesting.
- I had a sick guy home with me Thursday. Honestly, he probably could have gone to school but I let him stay home today since he wasn't feeling well early in the morning. It turns out we had a really nice day together. We made pancakes for a late breakfast, he helped me dry the dishes while I washed and then we played board games all afternoon in between my loads of laundry; Racko, Sorry and Life. We just don't take time to do that kind of thing often enough now that he is older. I really enjoyed being with him. :)
- The Bachelor is back! Oh my word, this show is a train wreck. And I looove it! I tell myself every season that it's really awful and I shouldn't watch such trash television. But ... I. Just. Can't. Help. Myself. My favorite line from this week's episode: "... I also brought a rape whistle in case I'm in trouble..." -Sean. I mean, where else can you get stuff like that if not from The Bachelor?! Good stuff right there. ;)
That's all I have for today. Nothing really exciting to share, it's just been a busy, but kind of boring week. ha
Let me know what's been fab in your world this week!